Monday, November 14, 2011

A layout filled with cheer...

So... I wanted to get this post up this morning, but my 3 year old was home sick again and he was very clingy. Poor boy. Anyway, I'm also getting ready to vend at a local crop this weekend so I've been putting some kits together. I thought you may like to have a sneak peek at one of my classes - a quick and easy holiday double layout. It makes me smile when I see that cheerful Santa.


For this layout I used Close to My Heart's Workshops on the Go Believe Kit. It comes with the Believe Level 2 Paper Packet , My Acrylix® Believe Workshop Stamp Set (C-size), Mini-Medley Accents Olive Collection, Dimensional Elements Stars and a Workshop Guide. It's featured colors are  Holiday Red, Topiary, Sky, Sweet Leaf. For my finishing touches, all I needed was some ink and some My Acrylix blocks and I made all of the embellishments and title. It made this layout very affordable and I have alot of my materials still left in my scrap arsenal for 2 more layouts and a card or two.

I used CTMH's Token Alphabet stamp set for my title and stamped it in black ink on the extra striped paper I had cut. The little ribbon or paper strip is from the patterned papers. Close to My Heart now adds these little border strips that cut away and make the cutest accents. I just love them. Talk about using every piece - way to go, CTMH! LOL 



For the balancing Santa, I stamped him right on the white cardstock base. He's an adorable little guy and you can see a similar stamped image of him and his elf friend on the Christmas Cheer stamp set. Just too cute. To color him in, as well as the presents and holly with berries, I used my CTMH blender pen  and dipped it in the matching ink colors and then filled in the stamped images. I would tell every person, that you need to purchase this pen. It makes filling in your stamped images so easy and the colors always match the CTMH papers. Whoot, whoot! LOL I added a present on top and popped it up with a pop dot and finished him off with some gold glitter on his buckle.





It is so easy to use these stamps and these images look whimsical and fun and are very forgiving. I'm not an expert stamper. Actually, I consider myself somewhat new to this art, but I'm loving how easy it is to make my own embellishments on my layouts and cards. You should try them!


So there you have it. A quick and simple layout filled with holiday cheer. If I, a busy mom of 4 little ones, can get scrapping, then you can too! I hope this layout inspires to make a fresh cup of tea or coffee, head to your creative space, and start scrapping! Have fun and God bless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Don’t forget Close to My Heart’s November Specials too!

November stamp of the month:


Also, there is a Holiday Wishes stamp set that is only $5 with a $25 stamp purchase.


November 2011 Constant Campaign: Holiday Wishes











This set is just perfect for your layouts and especially for your cards. When you place a minimum order of $25 in My Acrylix® stamp set all through the month of November (until November 30th), you can purchase a new D-size Holiday Wishes stamp set for only $5! That’s a tremendous savings off the full retail value of $17.95 US / $19.95 CAN.

Also, if you think that sounds terrific, there’s a bonus as well! Many of the images in the sets coordinate with our Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge for added cutting and stamping fun! How easy is that!
Okay, since I just threw a lot of info at you, let me summarize: 
*Spend $50 you get the November stamp of the month (retail price of $17.95) for $5.
*Spend $25 in stamps, you get the Holiday Wishes stamp set (retail price $17.95) for $5!
*These two offers CAN be combined. How awesome is that! So for example, if you spend $25 in stamps and an additional $25 on anything else in the catalog or online, you will get both stamp sets for a total of $10 ($5 per set). You save $25.90! Which means the stamps are almost paying for themselves! You can’t beat that!

***Just a Note***  You MUST add the discounted stamps to your shopping cart when prompted by the system DURING CHECKOUT. Stamps cannot be added after the sale is complete and finalized. Also, adding the stamps to your cart BEFORE being prompted by this system will result in being charged full price for promotional stamps

Here’s a look at the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge I was talking about:

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment